Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Humpday Confessions (Vol. 4)

Yesterday, while commenting on a fellow blogger's page about her review of Andre Agassi's memoir, Open, I admitted that when I was in high school and college that I had a BIG crush on the flamboyant tennis player.  I went on to admit that I used to have a thing for guys with long hair.

And, as my mind often does, one thought led to another and to another and then it hit me - I still have a thing for guys with long hair and, looking back, I guess I always have. My celebrity/famous person crushes come from diverse walks of life - rock stars, actors, and athletes.  However, they all have one thing in common - long hair.

So, I confess.  I like guys with long hair.  Even when long hair isn't trendy for men, I still like it.

Let's take a little trip down memory lane to illustrate my point.


My first celebrity crush was on the 70s teen idol, Leif Garrett.

In the 80s, my crushes included John Taylor (bassist for Duran Duran) 

and the love of my life, Jon Bon Jovi.

In the 90s, my love affair with Jon Bon Jovi continued and I developed crushes on the Nelson twins of the band Nelson, Andre Agassi, and Brad Pitt.





Since the millennium, I've had crushes on the late Heath Ledger

Colin Farrell

Troy Palomalu


Clay Matthews

Charlie Hunnam

and Sam Heughan, a.k.a Jamie Fraser of the Stars series, Outlander.

Now, I honestly have no clue what draws me to guys with long hair, but apparently I am hard wired to gravitate towards them because this has been going on for nearly 40 years! (Yes, you read that correctly - nearly 40 years.  Leif Garrett's disco hit, "I Was Made For Dancin'", came out in 1978...)  Funny thing is, despite my love of long hair on men, my husband does not have long hair, never has, and, according to him, never will!  LOL!   

This will be my last blog entry for 2015.  I thank you for stopping by and taking time to read my blog.  May you have a safe and happy New Year's Eve and my 2016 bring you good health, prosperity, and much happiness. Happy New Year!

Linking up with Alanna @ Alanna and Company and Sarah @ Plucky in Love.

*1.6.2016 Update:  Because there was no Humpday Confession linkup on 12.30.2015, I am linking up this post today. :)

5 comments:

  1. Ahh, Clay Matthews is my obsession! haha I also have a thing for guys with long hair, so don't feel bad ;) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Sam Heughan from Outlander. I wasn't sure about the long hair thing, but now you have me convinced. I would also like to add an almost-long-haired person - the actor who plays Sawyer on Lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ME TOO! I have a feeling this doesn't surprise you :) We have very similar lists. I'd remove a few and add a few. I'd have to add Chris Hemsworth (when his hair is longer), and I may be one of the few that actually loved David Beckham with long hair (that's one of his hairstyles he often gets made fun of).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda figured you would have a thing for guys with long hair, too! So many things we have in common - we're from the south, approximate the same age, we both love of JBJ and hair metal, have similar taste in books, both are step-moms, and now this!

      Delete
  4. Haha I do with some guys. Totally with you on Heath Ledger, Clay Matthews and Charlie Hunnam. However, if men have better hair than me, I'm gonna get a complex.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...