Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I've Recently Added To My TBR List


The Day of the Wave by Becky Wicks
Granted, I probably never would've stumbled upon this book had it not been for a reading challenge I am currently in (Erin's Reading Challenge 4.0), but I'm still looking forward to reading it none-the-less.

November 9 by Collen Hoover
I really enjoyed Ugly Love by this author, so I hope that I will enjoy this one as well.

Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes
I have been anxiously awaiting this book since I finished YOU back in August.  Although some advanced reading copies have been available, I'm holding out for the audiobook version (which will be released on February 23) because I have a slight "audio crush" on the narrator, Santino Fontana.

This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper
Again, this is a book that probably would never have landed on my radar had it not been for Erin's challenge.  Apparently, it is supposed to be hilarious.  We shall see.  Stay tuned.

I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
I think I first became aware of this book during the December 1 check in for the Semi Charmed 2015 Winter Book Challenge.  After reading the review as well as the description on Goodreads, I decided it would probably be a book I could relate to given that the setting of the story is a small town.  I can definitely relate to the feeling of trying to break out of one's little hometown.

I Let You Go by Clair Mackintosh
Every blogger I follow who has read this thriller has had absolutely wonderful things to say about it.  I love a good, keep-me-guess-til-the-end thriller.  I sincerely hope it lives up to the hype.

Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage by Jennifer Ashley
I don't read a lot of romance, but like I said in my review of The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie, the precursor to this book, every once in a while I do get a hankering for a love story involving a man in a kilt or a man who has the potential to wear a kilt (due to being of Scottish Highlander ancestry).  I enjoyed the first book so much, that I plan to read this one, the second in the series, at some point.

The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty
I really enjoyed Liane Moriarty's What Alice Forgot, so I am willing to give another of her books a go.

 The Girl with a Clock for a Heart by Peter Swanson
Swanson's The Kind Worth Killing is one of my favorites from 2015.  Fellow bloggers who enjoyed TKWK who have gone on to read this one, have said that they enjoyed it, too, so I'm game.

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Of all the books on this list, this one is the most surprising because it is sci-fi.  Sci-fi is a genre that is really out of my comfort zone and because of that, it's a genre I don't read.  But, I've been told that if you are a fan of the 1980s, which I completely am, that you will enjoy this book.  So, I plan to give it a whirl.

What are some books that you have added to your to be read list lately?  Please feel free to share.

Linking up with The Broke and the Bookish.  
(To learn more about TTT, click here.)  

8 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with many of these books except Ready Player One, which I'm thinking about reading. I am trying to read more contemporary and mystery/ thriller books this year and quite a few of your books fit that bill, so I'll have to check them out. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looked, and of course, all my most recent adds were from the Show Us Your Books link-up last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love the Jennifer Ashley book as well as a few others, very nice blog! Have a great week!!

    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-ten-tuesday-top-10-books-recently.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that Ready Player One is really good. Also, i have You in my shopping cart at Book Outlet since I've heard so many good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, YOU... What a reading experience, well, for me it was an audiobook experience! Just beware, the language used in it isn't for the faint of heart. I know a lot of people are sensitive to that, for which I completely understand, so I like to put that disclaimer out there. I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  5. a few of these are on my list as well, including that i let you go one. i got hidden boddies via netgalley, hoping to read it soon.i might check out novemeber 9, i don't know how i feel about colleen hoover lately. i loved ugly love, slammed was good, but another i read recently was meh. i enjoyed this is where i leave you, though i don't know about hilarious lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Let You Go was on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/19/top-ten-tuesday-40/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...