Sunday, February 21, 2016

Love - Hugh's Photo Challenge (Week 13)

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." - Josh Billings

Confession:  I'm actually a cat person.  I grew up with cats and (as an adult) I shared my home with a cat for 13 years.  I like the quiet presence of cat and the fact that they do not need to have your attention 24/7.  

Unfortunately, my allergies make having a cat in the house difficult, so after my beloved Smokey died several years back, I made the decision not the have another cat in the house.

My husband is the dog person in the family.  Rascal is the third beagle that he has owned and the second since we've been married.  In a strange twist of irony, I, the cat person, am Rascal's favorite human.  

Although her constant attention seeking behaviors wear me out, I will admit that she gives me the most welcoming greetings. Whether it's been a week or if it's just been 10 minutes since she saw me last, she greets me with the same high energy, tail wagging at warp speed enthusiasm every single time.  It's pretty amazing how she can make me feel like a rockstar.

"The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog." 
- M.K. Clinton


Linking up with Hugh @ Hugh's Views and News for his weekly themed photo challenge.


3 comments:

  1. That picture makes my heart smile!!!
    I am opposite; always had dogs and since being married, have brought cats into my life as well. And, with one of the cats in particular, I'm his favourite human :)
    The love of a pet is truly like no other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post for this week's challenge, Ericka. It's strange how pets can sometimes sense that we may not be a huge fan yet they will give us all their love and attention to try and reassure us that everything is Okay.
    Thank you so much for participating.
    hughsviewsandnews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and for dropping by! I have enjoyed participating in them!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...