Thursday, May 5, 2016

Currently... (Vol. 4)



Skipping...work.  LOL!  Yes, I have taken the day off.  Why am I taking a day off so close to the end of the school year?  Later today, I will be heading off to historic Churchill Downs to enjoy some people watching, some lilies (drinks), oh, and some horse racing with some of my speech path buddies.  Churchill Downs has branded today's event as THURBY and attending has become our annual girls' day out tradition.


Looking...for the fountain of youth, aka - I'm coloring my hair, seriously, right now as I type this.  Ya know, overall, I don't mind getting older.  The little laugh lines that are appearing around my mouth don't bother me, because I view them as earned souvenirs from lots of smiling and millions of laughs.  Going gray, however, is completely unacceptable.

Enjoying...my newly paved driveway!  R and I have dealt with gravel and the associated dust or mud (depending on the weather) and ever developing potholes for 13 years!  This is a dream come true!

Scaling...back a bit on my blogging this month.  Last Saturday, I completed the A to Z Blogging Challenge - 26 blog entries over the course of 30 days.  Although I found the experience very rewarding, it was also very exhausting.  I'm honestly a little brain dead right now in terms of writing.

Counting...down the days until the end of the school year - 15!  C'mon, May 27!

Disgusted...with the current state of politics and the presidential election.  I honestly feel that we, the people of the United States as a collective whole, have lost our ever lovin' minds.  We are the laughing stock of the entire world right now.

Reading...Wild by Cheryl Strayed.  

Wishing...the weather for today would be a little nicer.  Overcast skies and a high of 63F is forecasted for Louisville today.  Ah, well...  At least it isn't supposed to rain

With that, I'm off to rinse!  It's time to get this day started! 

What have you been up to lately?  Anything fun?  Feel free to share - even the mundane stuff!  Thanks for stopping by!


Linking up with Kristen @ See You in a Porridge 
and Gretchen @ GretchRuns

14 comments:

  1. oh yay thurby! you'll have to let me know how it is, i mean obviously you love it if it's a tradition. i've never been, i've heard it is getting more popular every year though. the weather looks crappy right now, i hope the rain stays away! tomorrow looks absolutely gorgeous, i am so excited! you are hilarious - grey hairs don't bother me, but the lines.. i can do without them ;) and i agree about the people of the united states.. i have people at home sending me messages on facebook that i should do something. what the heck am i supposed to do?! thanks for linking up with us and have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friends and I love Thurby! It's a lot lower key than the Oaks with less traffic and fewer people. I've been told that it has a much more laid back feel. Every year, the attendance is larger than it was the year before, so it's definitely gaining in popularity. My friends and I like it because we're guaranteed to get a box seat at Thurby; we'd have a snowball's chance in hell of getting box seats at the Oaks. Hope you had fun at Oaks!

      Delete
  2. Thurby and Cinco De Mayo all in one day sounds so awesome! I would definitely skip work if I had that too! And oh my goodness, our country is so crazy right now! I feel like we're literally the laughing stock of the whole world right now! It's crazy! Anyways, I hope you enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was fun, despite the cool weather (55F) and overcast sky.

      Delete
  3. i have been coloring my hair to get rid of the grays for years! it really does give you a small pick-me up. now i always have my eye on hair color sales at walmart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been coloring for around 13-14 years. It's the main thing about aging that bothers me. Thanks for taking time to comment!

      Delete
  4. I haven't started going gray yet (knock on wood) but I have like six random white hairs that drive me freaking crazy. I don't mind laugh lines either, because like you said, laughing is good. Enjoy your girl's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should hope that it rains, so you can get good odds on a mudder. Then laugh at all the amateurs who forgot to adjust their picks.

    Anyway, "disgusted" definitely fits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully the rain stayed away. Not sure if we could have handled sitting outside in the 55F temps with rain.

      Delete
  6. I totally agree with your comments about the upcoming election. It's embarrassing and, as you said, disgusting. Ugh.

    I'm pretty sure I've had grey hair for a while, but I've been dying it regularly since I was 21 ... So I don't know exactly when the change started. (Not to mention the fact that it's kind of hard to tell anyway since any roots that may grow out between salon visits are light. My natural hair color is a light blondish brown and I dye it black. So it's not that obvious which are grey and which are just my natural hair color.)

    I hope you've enjoyed your day off! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My day off was WONDERFUL! Thank you! I've been graying since my late twenties. It's a curse from my father's side of the family unfortunately.

      Delete
  7. I read your "Looking for the fountain of youth" post, and I can't help but starting singing "not old, just older" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good one! As I continue to age, that song continues to be more and more relevant.

      Delete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...