Tuesday, April 11, 2017

I is for I'm, I'll, & I (2017 Blogging A to Z)


Welcome to my '92 Time Capsule, where I unearth artifacts and memories from a quarter century ago in alphabetical order everyday (excluding Sundays, with the exception of the 30th) during the month of April. 

Today's letter is I, so without further ado...

In 1992, there were three songs that hit number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 that started with the letter I:   "I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred, which held the top position February 8, 15, and 22; "I'll Be There" by Mariah Carey featuring Trey Lorenz (June 20 and 27); and "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston (November 28 through February 27, 1993).






On a personal note, as I mentioned in my B post, "I Will Always Love You" conjures up many, as Whitney herself sang, "bittersweet memories" for me and takes me back in time. I have very vivid memories of a boy named J, him calling me "E," and of the long talks we had in the corner of racquetball courts after playing a couple games.

Do you remember any of these songs?  Any memories associated with them?

As always, thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!



4 comments:

  1. I remember the songs but I don't remember what I did when I heard them. I used to be a mariah carey fan simply because of her first album but now I find her just a bit odd.

    have a lovely day.

    ~ my I post - Illustration~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I kinda do, too (consider Mariah a bit odd). I'm not sure why, but I do. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. i remember those songs. the first one cracks me up, still. the other two are beautiful, the houston one much more so than the carey one, but i remember liking them both. i don't have clear memories that go with any of them, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I laughed out loud as I watched the Right Said Fred video. It had been a LONG time since I had seen it, but it still cracked me up. I couldn't listen to I'll Always Love You for a several years. It was just too... bittersweet.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...